Whether it’s the coronavirus, or any other disruption, constrictions to the global supply chain pipeline are costly. Supply shortages create increased prices, as well as the need to seek out alternatives. Proactive supply chain and logistics managers will ensure they highlight disruptions to their supply chains and create sourcing events to use alternate suppliers.
It is vital for businesses to have one place to connect all of their trading suppliers and partners. Supply managers can better navigate changing marketplace conditions such as coronavirus by utilizing supply chain management systems that enable them to respond to bottlenecks and inventory shortages by:
- Quickly managing and updating suppliers through a single portal
- Offering more frequent and quality interactions with partners and hence a more coordinated planning and execution strategy
- Enabling managers to see and manage their entire global supply network from virtually any desktop or mobile device
- Giving access to every communication, transaction and supplier record consolidated in one place, helping managers confidently deal with urgent issues
- Automating workflows and communications from purchasing to payment to achieve a more efficient manage-by-exception environment
The success of mid-market enterprises is fueled by efficient, integrated and aligned supply chain operations. If your business could benefit from our superior Supply Chain Orchestration™, reach out today.
Joe Harris, Product Manager at OneSCM, has an education in Business Information Systems and over 12 years experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.